Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pink-Subtracted


You probably know from a previous post, that cereal and other bready foods are an integral part of the kids' menu.  In fact if the kids will eat it, we buy it in bulk.  Or in the case of Yogurt Burst Cheerios, the by-products are generated in bulk in our kitchen.  

My son only likes to snack on the pink "yogurt" coated cheerios.  He picks through bowls of perfectly normal beige brown tan-like cheerios to find those hidden gems.  What remains in the bowl is what I call "Pink-subtracted Cheerios."  When he discovers and eats all of the pink Cheerios, he asks for more at which point we dump the Pink-subtracted Cheerios into a storage baggie.  The storage baggie of Pink-subtracteds are kept "just in case."  The picture above clearly demonstrates that "just in case" rarely happens, yet at times we have more than one of these bags available.  It did happen once that we needed these rejects because my wife and I talked about them so much that the kids wanted them.  Although I thought the sudden shift would balance our Cheerio inventory, demand dropped the next day and the demand for yogurt Cheerios was again bursting.

I laugh when I open the cabinet (surprisingly, not the fridge) to discover these forgotten picked-over Cheerios.  However, these aren't nearly as funny (or tasty) as the Meatball-subtracted  Hot Pockets.

No comments: