Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Where No Coins Have Gone Before

If you are looking for some quick cash, here's a tip.  There's a trade-in Subaru Outback at a nearby dealership with an estimated $40-$50 in coins in the car.  The car is currently destined for an auction, where it will most likely be bought by a third world country to move drugs, weapons, and Bin Laden through the mountains (nobody will ever suspect an Outback with Boston tags).  Therefore, it's probably unlocked.

The coins will be between the seats, under the floor mats, in the trunk, in the side pockets, in the slot where the cup holder once was, in the glove box, and in the ashtray.  There's a lot of other objects remaining, but none with much value.  Old stickers, crackers, straws, rotting grapes, muffin bits, clipped nails, beach sand, rock salt, and used bandaids are also available.

I would have recovered these coins, but while removing all of my valuable junk from the vehicle (Tadh's last wish) I noticed that they were covered with dried coffee, cheerio bits, and other biohazardous materials.  Therefore, the cash is all yours.  But, you'll have to be quick.  I got such a good deal on my new car that the sales guy might have had to hunt down his commission. And dinner.

3 comments:

Candi said...

Yay on the new car!

A question for you - someone recently told me that Spring is the worst season around here because it gets all mushy and slushy. Is that true?

Oh - and where is the best car wash around here? My "new" car (really it just turned 1) looks terrible from all the salt and sand!

Tony said...

I don't know that I'd call it the "worst season", but yes, it does tend to get very muddy in low lying areas. More than once my lawn tractor has been stuck in the mud in my backyard.

Of course a lot will depend on the amount of rain we get and how much of the snow is gone before we get said rain. Luckily the snow in my area is almost gone and has been slowly deteriorating over the last few weeks. Of course, there is still the chance for another major snowstorm. I believe it was 1996 when we had the April Fool's storm which gave us a foot of snow.

Mom et al said...

Hmmm...for a second there I thought for sure you were talking about my car. I also just cleaned out the clutter (unbelievable amounts of garbage, clothing, junk mail that never made in the house, etc) but left all coinage and food particles behnd.

Congrats on the new car!!!