Friday, February 27, 2009

I've Been Writing So Much My Deltoids Hurt

Dear Readers,

As much as I enjoy posting every day, I need to relieve some of the pressure that I'm putting on myself.  I also think that I have drifted too far from my desire to use this as an outlet for creative writing.  I still want to share the humor that I find in everyday life, but I also want to improve the quality (versus quantity) of my writing.

I may occasionally post short posts intended to evoke at least a smile, but I intend to concentrate more on my writing style and delivery.  You might not know this about me, but I aspire to submit some more polished pieces for publication someday.  The publication might be obscure, but it is still a goal of mine.  I also aspire to improve my writing skills enough to perhaps write a book, if even self-published.  

I also need to use some of my evenings to catch up on many other things, including sleep.  In trying to write every night, I've been ignoring this last detail.

Therefore, I will still be writing a lot....just not everyday.  My biggest fear while considering this is that my readers will stop visiting.  Comments will taper off and non-commenting lurkers will lurk elsewhere.  So with this proposed change in my routine comes a request to stay tuned and continue to read and give feedback on the content and the writing itself.  I'm really enjoying it.

Now go back to whatever you were doing.  If you weren't doing anything, please read some of my old posts.  You'll smile at the least. I promise. 

(2/28/09 UPDATE : It's been almost 24 hours since I wrote this and I was feeling conflicted all day!  I may not be quite ready to taper off so quickly.  Therefore, I hereby state my good intentions to continue writing every day possible.  This is still a helpful distinction for me, because it takes the pressure off a lot.  Thanks again for reading...)

Thanks,
TJ

No comments: