Sunday, February 22, 2009

Baby Monkey Doll Is My Really Crazy Obsession

Hi,

Welcome to my blog.  You have landed here because you typed one of the following statements into Google:
a) "baby monkey doll is my really crazy obsession"
b) "my life is not worth living. i can only go on if they were to start making baby monkey dolls"
c) "i'm a mentally ill woman with octuplets and six other children looking to expand family with lifelike primate dolls"

In reality, this is what you are looking for:


In case you can't read the fine print, it says: 
"This baby orangutan is not a toy; she is a fine collectible to be enjoyed by adult collectors."

Therefore, I am posting this with the hopes that you will answer a few questions that I truly want to know the answers to.

1.  Did you read the above statement and not realize that it says she instead of it?  Why not?
2.  Did you read the above statement and feel all warm and gooey inside when you saw the word enjoyed? Why and have you talked to any professionals about this?
3.  Why is this a collectible and not a toy?  Let's do the official meltdown test by telling my kids the same thing and see what happens. k?
4.  Do you really think that your family will preserve your "collectibles" when you are gone? Before you answer, let's recap: It's a monkey doll.  
5.  Honestly, did you really spend time trying to find one of these things online?  If your answer is yes, call your internet service provider and ask for your money back.  If your answer is no, how in the world did you end up here anyway?
6.  What is this really a replacement for?  Missing someone, are we?
7.  Have you hugged a baby monkey doll lately? Of course you haven't. That's why you're here.

I look forward to your answers.  Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Barry said...

The most incredibly lifelike baby "monkey" ever? There were others? And I am assuming they are not counting the living ones in this case.
One last part...who did their research...Orangutans are NOT monkeys...they are apes.
I am a college science teacher and little things like that sometimes get to me.