Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Took the Cake and Liked It

I just discovered Edy's "Take the Cake" ice cream. It seems perfect for the lazy party-goer.  Why bother with cake and ice cream when they can be one and the same?  And why even pretend that you want an ice cream cake when all you really want is cake ice cream? 

I love "Take the Cake".  In fact, if all of my food could be successfully processed into a delicious ice cream flavor, my life goal to eat ice cream at every meal would become a reality.  But it will have to remain a dream, because I suspect that an enjoyable steak and cheese ice cream will remain in R&D for many more years.  Although Jones Soda, the makers of Turkey & Gravy soda and Green Bean Casserole soda, would say that nothing is impossible. 

In trying to find a picture of "Take the Cake" ice cream, all I could find was Edy's nutritional information.  I was relieved to see that tapioca maltodextrin is in there but it's the Red #3, Yellow #5, Blue #1, and Red #40 that really say quality.  Well, at least they say party.

No comments: